$sk_template = get_post_meta( get_the_ID(), '_wp_page_template', true ); ?>
CALL: 020 7589 9990
Terms and Conditions
- THESE TERMS
- These are the Terms and Conditions on which we supply services to you.
- Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. They tell you who we are, how we will provide services to you, how practice and you may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
- If you think that there is a mistake in these Terms and Conditions then please contact us to discuss.
- In the event of an inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and the content of any literature provided by us to you, then these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- A large font version of this document is available at reception, should it be required.
- DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
- In these Terms and Conditions the following words shall have the following meanings:
- “Clinical Director(s) / Senior Dentist(s)” Dr. S. Radmand / All dentists other than Clinical Director(s);
- “Dentist(s)” A general dental practitioner being registered to practice with the General Dental Council;
- “Hygienist(s) / Therapist(s)” A hygienist/therapist registered to practice with the General Dental Council;
- “Non-Surgical Treatment(s)” Treatment supplied by us not being a surgical Procedure;
- “Nurse(s)” A dental nurse registered to practice by the General Dental Council;
- “Orthodontic Therapist(s)” An orthodontic therapist is a registered member of the dental team. They assist dentists/orthodontists in carrying out orthodontic treatment and provide some aspects of the treatment themselves;
- “Patient(s)” Any person who has entered or is contemplating entering into a contract for a Procedure or Non-Surgical Treatment from us;
- “Practice Policies and Procedure(s)” A folder, in head office, outlining all Practice Policy and Procedures provided to Patients where applicable;
- “Procedure(s)” A procedure to be procured by us for a Patient of a dental, surgical, or orthodontic nature to be performed by a Specialist, Dentist, Hygienist, Nurse or Orthodontic Therapist;
- “Relevant Practitioner(s)” A Specialist, Dentist, Hygienist, Therapist, Nurse or Orthodontic Therapist (as the case may be);
- “Relevant Treatment(s)” The Procedure or Non-Surgical Treatment booked through us and carried out, or to be carried out, on the Patient by a Relevant Practitioner;
- “Kensington Health Clinic” The Private (Non NHS) dental practice located at 4 Victoria Grove, Kensington London W8 5RW whose details are further delineated at clause 3 referred to as such or “We”;
- “Kensington Health Clinic’s Complaints Procedure(s)” The complaints procedure referred to in the Practice Policy and Procedures;
- “Specialist(s)” A dental practitioner being registered to practice with the General Dental Council (GDC) having met certain requirements and been given the right by the GDC to use the title ‘specialist’.
- INFORMATION ABOUT US AND HOW TO CONTACT US
- We are Kensington Health Clinic a limited company established in England and Wales. Our address is 4 Victoria Grove, Kensington, London, W8 5RW.
- You can contact us by telephoning 0207 589 9990 or by writing to us at email email@example.com.
- If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- “Writing” includes emails and when we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
- OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU AND OUR OBLIGATIONS
- A contract comes into existence between you and us when we confirm that we are able to provide you with a Relevant Treatment.
- If we are unable to provide you with a Relevant Treatment we will inform you of this and the reasons why.
- In providing a Relevant Treatment for a Patient, Kensington Health Clinic shall:
- Provide suitable facilities for the provision of Procedures and Non-Surgical Treatment by Specialists, Dentists, Hygienist, Therapists, Nurses or Orthodontic Therapists (as the case may be);
- Provide the Patient with such information that can be reasonably expected to be necessary for the Patient to understand the nature of the Relevant Treatment being offered and the risks and conditions normally attendant on such Relevant Treatment.
- If our performance of a Relevant Treatment is affected by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event.
- PATIENT OBLIGATIONS
The Patient shall be responsible for reading and understanding the treatment plan(s) or information literature provided prior to consenting to undergo any Relevant Treatment. We require certain information from you to be completed prior to treatment. If you do not provide us with this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it or you provide us with incomplete or incorrect information we reserve the right not to perform the Relevant Treatment. Please also note your obligations under clause 14.
- PAYMENT / FINANCE
- The Patient shall pay a deposit of an amount stipulated by Kensington Health Clinic from time to time prior to an appointment with a Relevant Practitioner being made. Kensington Health Clinic’s Refund Policy shall apply to such deposit.
- The balance of the fee for the Relevant Treatment shall be paid in accordance with the payment schedule agreed with the Patient before the date is booked.
- Payments for Relevant Treatments are currently exempt from VAT, but all sums payable to Kensington Health Clinic, unless otherwise stated, are exclusive of any VAT and other duties or taxes that may from time to time be payable.
- For Patient’s convenience we accept cash, debit cards, and credit cards. American Express (AMEX) cards are accepted, however payments are subject to a surcharge of 2% of total fee payable. Please note AMEX payments can currently only be taken at Kensington Health Clinic premises and not over the phone. Kensington Health Clinic does not store any card details on its systems for your security.
- Finance options are available. 0% interest finance available and longer term (low interest bearing) options are available (deposits are required).
- Direct Bank Transfers are possible. Bank Name: Lloyds Kensington Health Clinic; Account Number: 41275260; Sort Code: 30 94 57. Kensington Health Clinic require full name of the Patient as reference. International transfer fees are wholly payable by the Patient.
- All finance applications (forms) and e-signatures must be completed by the end of the current offer date or the date stipulated in the correspondence to you; otherwise Kensington Health Clinic cannot guarantee the cost of your treatment.
- We reserve the right to charge interest if you pay late. If you do not make any payment to us by the due date we may charge interest to you on the overdue amount at the rate of 3% a year above the base lending rate of Lloyd’s from time to time. This interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. You must pay Kensington Health Clinic interest together with any overdue amount.
- SPECIAL OFFERS AND FREE CONSULTATIONS
- From time to time Kensington Health Clinic run special offers or other forms of Patient purchase incentive. Although unlikely before any specified offer deadline, Kensington Health Clinic reserve the right to extend, amend and/or withdraw any offer at any time without notice.
- All special offers are subject to availability.
- All Patients will require an examination to determine eligibility for any special offer being run.
- Kensington Health Clinic offer a £500 discount on “Invisalign® GO” braces. This offer includes free home teeth whitening, and free dental contouring all subject to availability and suitability. Similar package offers are available on other “FASTBRACES®” braces with a discount of £500 and the same package included. Please check our website for other discounts offered on different types of our braces. These offers are available on a standalone basis and are available to patients who attend a free consultation by the date advertised on our website or advised to you by one of our Relevant Practitioners.
- Subject to clause 7.7 Kensington Health Clinic offer a free 30 minute consultation for new Patients. A suitability of options is discussed and any Relevant Treatment recommended will be dependent on a full clinical assessment. Please note that all X-rays and any other appointments with a Relevant Practitioner other than a Dentist are excused from the free consultation.
- A refundable deposit of £50 is required prior to booking the free consultation to secure the appointment. In line with clause 6.4 Kensington Health Clinic does not store any card details on its systems for security so Patients are advised to contact Kensington Health Clinic with payment details for return of the refundable deposit.
- Kensington Health Clinic provide the free consultation on a no-obligation basis.
RELATIONSHIP WITH RELEVANT PRACTITIONER
- Kensington Health Clinic accepts no responsibility for matters which are within the professional responsibility of the Specialists, Dentists, Hygienists, Nurses or Orthodontic Therapists;
- All Specialists, Dentists, Therapists and Orthodontic Therapists are independent contractors and are not employed by Kensington Health Clinic. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to be construed as creating an employee-employer relationship between Kensington Health Clinic and any Specialists, Dentists, Hygienists, Therapists and Orthodontic Therapists.
- Kensington Health Clinic shall satisfy itself that:
- The Relevant Practitioner is insured against claims for professional negligence on terms that Kensington Health Clinic reasonably considers are normal given prevailing market conditions at the relevant time with either the Dental Defence Union, the Dental Protection Society or another appropriate Dental Defence or Insurance organization and;
- The Relevant Practitioner holds the necessary qualifications and registration.
- Without prejudice to the generality of 8.3 above the Specialists, Dentists, Hygienists or Therapists are solely responsible for deciding whether or not the Patient is suitable for the Relevant Treatment.
In the event that the Patient is unhappy with an aspect of the service provided, the complaint should be made as soon as possible to the Complaints Manager. If they are unable to resolve the complaint to the reasonable satisfaction of the Patient, Kensington Health Clinic’s Complaints Procedure shall apply.
- Kensington Health Clinic processes data relating to Patients in connection with the Relevant Treatment provided to those Patients in accordance with these Terms and Conditions;
- Kensington Health Clinic wishes to disclose data relating to Patients to the Specialists, Dentists, Hygienists, Therapists, Nurses & Orthodontic Therapists in the course of the Relevant Treatment and Kensington Health Clinic wish to have the consent of the Patient to such disclosure.
- The Patient is deemed to consent to the disclosure of sensitive personal data by Kensington Health Clinic Specialists, Dentists, Therapists, Nurses & Orthodontic Therapists for the purpose of discussing the Relevant Treatment;
- The Patient acknowledges that Kensington Health Clinic is obtaining this consent for themselves in order that they may comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Kensington Health Clinic wants the Patient to be entirely satisfied with their care and treatment. If a filling, root filling, crown or bridge fails within a calendar year, Kensington Health Clinic will provide a repair or replacement, at no charge to the Patient, if clinically suitable.
- Where laboratory work is involved, e.g. the Patient is in the middle of having a denture, crown, or bridge made, or if moulds/scans have been sent for construction of any type of orthodontic appliance and the work has already been started or completed by the laboratory, a proportion of the fee taken will be kept to cover the cost of the laboratory invoice and any previous or pending appointments.
- If the Patient is not happy with the work completed by the Relevant Practitioner, all measures will be taken to resolve the problem. Before issuing a refund, the Patient will be required to attend a review appointment so that the Relevant Practitioner is given the opportunity to put things right. If the Patient does not wish to see the Relevant Practitioner involved, he/she will be made an appointment with another Relevant Practitioner at Kensington Health Clinic where replacement treatment or refunds can be discussed. Refunds are processed at the end of the calendar month. The £50 New Patient Holding Fees made by card will be refunded to the credit/debit card as soon as practically possible. All other refunds will be made by cheque including New Patient Holding Fees paid in cash. No cash refunds will be made.
LATE & CANCELLATION POLICY SUMMARY
Kensington Health Clinic asks for at least 48 hours advance notice for cancelling or rescheduling an appointment, otherwise a £100 fee may be payable. Note: All cancellation fees must be paid prior to scheduling another appointment. If the Patient is late by more than 15 minutes the Relevant Practitioner may not be able to see the Patient and the £100 fee may still be due. Although extremely rare, appointments may need to be rescheduled by Kensington Health Clinic at short notice should any emergency situation arise or equipment failure occur within the premises. Kensington Health Clinic does not compensate for any late cancellations or consequential losses. Text messages, email appointment reminders, and telephone calls are a courtesy and cannot be relied upon. It is up to the Patient to note their appointment in their own diary, and attend at the appropriate time.
ZERO TOLERANCE ON VIOLENCE AND AGGRESSION POLICY
All patients attending Kensington Health Clinic facilities will be treated with respect and dignity at all times. No member of staff has the right to be abusive to patients or their visitors and any such incidents will be treated as a disciplinary matter. Equally, Kensington Health Clinic does not condone any form of abuse of staff members by patients (either in person or on the phone) or visitors and if such a situation should occur, Kensington Health Clinic reserves the right to terminate any provision of care.
INSURANCE FORM POLICY
- Whilst Kensington Health Clinic staff endeavour to offer a complimentary service to submit relevant forms for the Patient to claim back against their insurance policy, Kensington Health Clinic will not be held responsible for any delays or errors resulting from this. Even if the Patient permits Kensington Health Clinic to send forms on the Patient’s behalf to the relevant company, the Patient must check the details (both personal and for professional services rendered) are indeed correct.
- Errors in omission and commission, delays in insurance paybacks, and no payment back are possible consequences. It is the Patient’s responsibility to check your insurance policy terms and criteria before embarking on treatment. Kensington Health Clinic accepts no liability for this.
PERSONAL DETAILS AND COMMUNICATION
- Kensington Health Clinic predominantly corresponds via email and occasionally by telephone, text message or post/fax. Should there be any changes to personal details, it is the Patient’s responsibility to inform Kensington Health Clinic. This will include, but is not limited to the Patient’s current telephone number, email address, postal address, home address, and medical history updates.
- We will use personal details to provide the services and Relevant Treatment, process your payment, and if you agreed to this to inform you about similar services we offer, but you may stop receiving these communications at any time by contacting us.
- We may pass your personal information to credit reference agencies where we have extended finance to you in line with clause 6 and they may keep a record of any search that they do.
- We will only give your personal information to other third parties where the law either requires or allows us to do so.
- CARD/ VOUCHER
- The Promotional offers, issued by Kensington Health Clinic (the Promoter) or its affiliates or subsidiaries, (the Promoter), can be exchanged for the promotional value indicated on the face of the card, providing all rules, terms & conditions are met:
- This promotion is covered under United Kingdom Law
- The promotional offer is only valid in Kensington Health Clinic affiliates and cannot be redeemed online at www.kensingtonhealthclinic.co.uk or any other affiliate website
- The voucher may only be redeemed against other single transaction products and services within Kensington Health Clinic’s only
- The voucher may not be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion
- Change will not be given on any purchase and the voucher may not be exchanged for cash
- Voucher cash value 0.0001p
- Offer is subject to availability
- The promoter can withdraw the offer at any time without prior notice
- Voucher is only valid between the promotional period/s (dates – from – to)
- Only one voucher may be redeemed per customer/patient per transaction
- A transaction constitutes a single purchase of a single Kensington Health Clinic product or service, within a four hour period
- Vouchers lost or stolen are at the customer’s/patient’s own risk
- Terms Governing the Cards/Vouchers
- You may not sell the promotional offer Cards/Vouchers to any third parties without our written consent
- If we do give our consent then such consent may be subject to any conditions which we impose
- In any event you may not sell the promotional offer Cards/Vouchers through the internet without our express written consent, which you must obtain before making any such sale. We reserve the right at all times to refuse to permit any sale of the promotional offer Cards/Vouchers by you to a third party
- OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
- Kensington Health Clinic reserve the right to transfer their rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation.
- This contract is between you and Kensington Health Clinic and no other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- If a Court finds that any of these Terms and Conditions are illegal then the rest will continue in full force and effect.
- LEGAL JURISDICTION
The service provided by Kensington Health Clinic and Relevant Practitioners shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.