Dear Patients and Friends of Kensington Health Clinic,
We are very pleased to announce that the practice will be re-opening to all of our patients, for all dental treatments, as of Wednesday,10th of June.
You will notice some changes when booking and attending your appointment at Kensington Health Clinic. Our practice follows infection control guidelines made by the governing bodies. We are up-to-date on new guidance that has been issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our practice will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions.You’ll be asked those same questions again at your appointment
- We have hand sanitiser that we will ask you to use when you enter the practice. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the practice for you to use as needed.
- We no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
How you can help:
- With the exception of children and patients with carers, patients should come alone
- A distance of at least 2 metres must be observed if another patient is present in the dental practice
- Payment should be made by card where possible
- Staff will not shake your hand
- If you show symptoms following appointment booking, you should contact the practice by phone
- Please do not arrive early to the practice. If necessary, you should wait outside the practice
- Please do not arrive without an appointment
You are likely to see your dentist/hygienist and nursing staff wearing additional PPE such as FFP2/FFP3 masks, visors, goggles, fluid repellent aprons/gowns, surgical head caps, etc. Kindly, note that because of all the reasons stated above, there may be additional fees to cover the additional measures put in place.
In addition to our preventative infection control measures, we have added extra precautions throughout the day to ensure that all surfaces are regularly cleaned and disinfected.
To make an appointment, please call our office on 0207 589 9990. To secure an appointment, a security deposit will be required at the time of booking. Payment can be made by card over the phone with a member of our team.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this crisis. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back at Kensington Health Clinic.
Kensington Health Clinic