Invisalign® braces offered at Kensington Health Clinic are the clear alternative to conventional braces. This modern method for straightening teeth relies on clear aligners which are almost invisible. Invisalign® braces corrects the same dental problems as traditional metal braces; the only difference is that Invisalign® trays are almost invisible to the naked eye, and can be removed at will. Wearing Invisalign® braces is almost like wearing no braces and making it the ideal alternative to metal braces for professionals and young adults who want to perfect their smile without feeling awkward about their appearance.
How Invisalign works
Here’s a step-by-step guide to Invisalign treatment
Visit Kensington Health Clinic
At your first consultation appointment your dentist will help you to decide your course of treatment. The dentist will take bite impressions of your teeth and send them to Invisalign®.
Follow up consultation
Invisalign® use 3D imaging technology to transform your bite impressions into a custom-made series of clear and removable aligners. If you are happy with the Clin Check where you can see the end result via video simulation, then your dentist would create a plan and order your Invisalign aligners.
Receive your aligners
During your next visit, you will receive your first set of aligners. Your dentist will probably give you a few additional sets for you to wear before you return for your next visit.
Wear your aligners
You’ll wear each set of the aligners for about ten days, removing them only to eat, drink, brush and floss. You’ll need to visit your dentist every two to four weeks to check that your treatment is progressing as planned. The total treatment time averages from three to six month.
Complete your treatment
Your treatment ends when you have worn each set of aligners. During your treatment, your teeth are held in position by your aligners, but once they’re removed, some of the more elastic connective tissue in your mouth and jaw that was stretched during your treatment now tries to pull back again – something we call “orthodontic relapse”. To help keep your bright new smile, your dentist will give you to wear removable retainers at night for six months, and then usually a few times a week as instructed.
The following dental issues can be treated with Invisalign®
- Overcrowding – This occurs when there is too little space for the teeth to align normally in the mouth. Overcrowding can cause tooth decay and increase the likelihood of gum disease.
- Large gaps between teeth – This can sometimes occur because teeth are missing or because the jaw continues to grow abnormally.
- Crossbite – This common dental problem occurs when one or multiple upper teeth bite inside the lower teeth. As a consequence, uneven wear can lead to bone erosion and gum disease.
- Overbite – This problem occurs when the upper teeth project further than, or completely cover, the lower teeth. Eventually, jaw pain and TMJ may occur.
- Underbite – This is the inverse of the overbite; the lower teeth project further than, or completely cover, the upper teeth. Eventually, jaw pain and TMJ can occur.
Reasons to choose Invisalign® treatment over traditional orthodontic treatment
- There are a number of compelling reasons to choose Invisalign® treatment over traditional orthodontic treatment. In general, the benefits and advantages provided by Invisalign® can be classified into three distinct categories:
- Aesthetic Advantages of Invisalign® – The primary difference between Invisalign® aligners and traditional, metal braces are that Invisalign® braces are made from clear plastic, and fit flush over the teeth. To the naked eye, they are all but invisible. Invisalign® aligners help maintain the appearance of your smile while helping to reposition your teeth.
- Practical Benefits of Invisalign® – Unlike metal braces, Invisalign® braces are removable and don’t require constant adjustment or tightening. Though the aligners should be worn for at least 20 to 22 hours per day, they are removable for oral hygiene, meal times and photographs if you want your natural smile to shine through. For patients who are keen on contact sports, Invisalign will not slow you down. If you need to wear a mouthguard, simply remove the aligners and you are ready to go. You need not worry about sharp metal edges cutting or bruising your cheeks and gums in your active or everyday life.
- Oral Health Benefits of Invisalign® – Maintaining the health of your teeth is easy when wearing Invisalign® trays. Traditional metal braces are a trap for food particles, and make it extremely difficult to properly clean your teeth. Among the reasons we offer the Invisalign® system at our practice is because you can align your teeth while also maintain them through regular brushing and flossing.
• CLICK TO VIEW INVISALIGN BEFORE AND AFTER GALLERY